Saturday, January 3, 2009

...and she's off!

So, me and my 96 lbs of baggage (not a metaphor) are off to Senegal. The plane for Atlanta leaves in an hour and I am safe and sound right next to the boarding gate. :) I look like a total American tourist in my tennis shoes and jeans with my passport around my neck, but what else can you wear in both 38 degree weather and 84 degree weather? (Yes, it is 84 degrees in Dakar right now. Jealous?) I am well equipped with a St. Christopher's medal for safe travels, but your prayers and/or good thoughts are always appreciated.

Okay, off I go into the wild blue yonder!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

. . . . and has she landed? How are you? How was the trip? How are you? Etc. Love, Suzanne

Unknown said...

hey allie. hope you had a good and safe flight. can't wait to hear from you in senegal ... in 80 degree weather.

Grace Cowan said...

Hope your trip was safe!!! Get nice and tan out there. :)

PS Did your holy wine make it there with you? I hope no one stole it.

W said...

96 pounds of baggage - a metaphor for the vanity of material possessions?